The electronic medical records program we use in our practice, Medent, allow for patients to enter pertinent information into their chart from the comfort of their own home via a computer or from anyway on your smart phone. Established patients (or guardians of patients) can contact the office for their activation code and set up an account with the patient portal. If you're a new patient/guardian of patient, don't feel left out, you can also request a code once you have an appointment set up.
Medent Patient Portal offers a number of informative training videos which you can find links to in our sidebar below the link to the Portal itself.
1) What is Medent Patient Portal? Medent Patient Portal offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the internet to help manage and receive information about your eye health. With Medent Patient Portal, you can use the internet to:
2) Is there a fee to use Medent Patient Portal? Medent Patient Portal is a free service offered to our patients.
3) How do I sign up? Patients who wish to participate will be issued a Medent Patient Portal activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to log-in and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your our office to get one or ask to sign up during you next office visit. If you're a new patient, once you have your first visit scheduled you are able to call and request your activation code.
4) If some of my or my child's health information on Medent Patient Portal is not correct, what should I do? Your Medent Patient Portal information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor's office. Medent Patient Portal allows you to correct your medical, social, and family history as well as demographic information as needed and allows one of our employees to update that information in our records.
5) If I send a message to my doctor of nurse, when can I expect a reply? You will generally receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Please note that Medent Patient Portal should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your medical center if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
6) Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my Medent Patient Portal account? Will all my children be under one account? Yes and No. Medent Patient Portal allows for 1 log-in per patient. Regrettably this means if you have 3 children that are patients of our practice you will need to have 3 log-ins, one for each child, and use specifically log into the account that the question is for. Of course if you are requesting an appointment, you could do this from just 1 child's accounts but add a note with the request that you need an appointment for another one of your children as well.
7) I forgot my password. What should I do? You can click the "Forgot password" link on the sign-in page to reset your password online. You may also contact our Medent Patient Portal Patient Support email to request a new, secure password.
8) Can you send me a new access code as I have lost it, let it expire, or did not receive it? Contact us and after we verify your information, a new code can be sent via U.S. Postal Mail or can be given over the phone.
*9) Where can I update my personal information (home address, e-mail, or change my password)? * Log into Medent Patient Portal and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
10) How is Medent Patient Portal secure? We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, Medent Patient Portal uses the latest 256-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with Medent Patient Portal. Unlike conventional e-mail, all Medent Patient Portal messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
12) I was logged out of Medent Patient Portal, what happened? We aim to protect your privacy and security of your information. While logged into Medent Patient Portal, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of Medent Patient Portal. We recommend that you log out of your Medent Patient Portal session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
13) What do I need to use Medent Patient Portal? You need access to a computer connected to the Internet and an up-to-date browser (such as Interment Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome).
14) My access code does not work, what should I do? For your security, your access code expires after 60 days and is no longer valid after the first time you use it. If you still have problems, email or call us.
15) Is my access code my user ID? No, your access code is not your Medent Patient Portal ID or password. You will use this code only once to log into Medent Patient Portal for the first time. (The code will expire after you have used it or after 30 days). When you log into Medent Patient Portal the first time, you will then be asked to create your own unique Medent Patient Portal ID and password.
16) When I login to Medent Patient Portal, I am being automatically logged out/timed out once I click on something...why?
If you are an AOL user: This is an issue reported by users of AOL 9.5. Please try the below instructions